openIMIS Newsletter May 2019
Dear openIMIS Community,
The openIMIS Coordination Desk wants to give you an update on openIMIS. Enjoy going through our latest updates and please reach out if you want to get in touch: [email protected].
Since the initial Developer’s Workshop in February, the different developer teams have picked up the activities in their respective work areas at a considerable speed. The team spirit and co-operation between the teams is good: weekly meetings are held on a regular basis to discuss practical issues of the co-operation and each month there is a “Gumzo ya Mwezi” - a monthly chat where each team has the chance to showcase their achievements. Feel invited to keep track of what is going on in the minutes and next appointments on our Meetings Overview.
- The implementation of a FHIR HL7 compatible RESTful API.
- Scoping and migration of the Claims Module to the new programming framework
- Setting up an infrastructure for the translation of the software
- Scoping and Business Analysis for the three Interoperability projects through Digital Square:
- Definition of indicators for a UHC dashboard in DHIS2
- Definition of the interfaces in BAHMNI and OpenMRS and creation of the relevant code-repositories under the respective projects.
- Creation of installation packages with docker for an easy installation process of old and new technology stacks.
At the same time the developers committee is committed to servicing requests from the openIMIS Service Desk and the packaging of the biannual releases: the April release was just published successfully with the next release coming up in October this year.
The Implementers Committee (IC) has been conducting calls on a weekly basis for the past weeks. Through our weekly calls, the Implementers Committee discussed and showcased various aspects of implementation of openIMIS. They also shared the needs and efforts made in terms of capacity development in countries to support the openIMIS Community. One of the key agenda of the IC has been to work on the implementation starter kit as well as share information about implementations progress. Feel free to read our minutes in our Meeting overview.
In parallel, AeHIN conducted several successful webinars in efforts to strengthen the Asian openIMIS community.
- On March 5th Mr Silvery Mgonza presented for the AeHIN Hour on the implementation of CHF-IMIS in Tanzania
- Dr. Anus Fuad presented on the 16th of April on the Social Health Insurance in Indonesia: Macro Illustration for openIMIS use cases.
- In addition to webinars, AeHIN conducted an openIMIS regional Hub Asia Session at the AeHIN-Taiwan smart care and health IT collaboration Workshop. Proceedings of the event are available here.The openIMIS Team has also some exciting events to share with you
From the 9th tot the 11th of April, openIMIS was present at the 4th Annual Health Financing Forum in Washington, where digital innovations in financial protection programs were discussed, and how low to middle income countries are leveraging digitization, mobile technologies, and cashless payment . Our Health Financing specialist, Viktoria Rabovskaja, presented the openIMIS Initiative and its innovative character for health financing.
From May 5 -10 , we had a scoping missionin Cameroun over the cheque-sante / vouchers programme. This mission allowed to explore opportunities to digitalize paperwork in health facilities.
From May 20 -24 , openIMIS was in Rwanda to conduct a scoping mission on openIMIS in the country. More update on those will follow in the next newsletter .
This week openIMIS is present at the Digitalisation and the Future of Health and Social Protection in Asia and Eastern Europe a GIZ Regional Conference, held from the 27th of May to the 29th of May in Bishkek, Kyrgystan. This year’s regional conference is organized under the tagline ‘Avicenna and Artificial Intelligence meet on the Silk Road’, and will promote exchanges about the promises and challenges of digitalisation in the fields of health and social protection.
- Furthermore, in June our team will participate in the 2019 DHIS2 Annual Conference. This will be an opportunity for the Community to meet and share experiences on DHIS2 implementations. The conference will bring together implementers, developers, ministry representatives, technical partners, and donors from around the world.
- Uwe Wahser will present along with Nils Kaiser and Saurahb Leekah on “Turning DHIS2 into a Generic UHC Reporting Platform Using Interoperability Standards” , please refer to our abstract for more details. More information on the conference can be found here.
In addition, we would kindly like to invite you to the next AeHIN´s Hour Webinar. Tuesday, May, 28th at 9 PM Manila time (3pm CET) with Dr. Mean Sambath as speaker. This webinar will discuss “Opportunities for openIMIS in Cambodia“.
We look forward to having you in this webinar. Please register at http://bit.ly/AHreg121 .
To learn more about about future events on openIMIS, Health and digitalization have a look at our Events Wiki.
On another note, the openIMIS website is being revamp with new features and more detailed information on the initiative, product and implementation. Stay tuned and follow our news to be kept up to date with our new launch!